FHT/FHO Primary Care Physician – Buckhorn – 650 Patients
May 17th, 2018
PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN Part-Time Permanent
Overview: An exciting opportunity to join a well-established, highly integrated Family Health Organization (FHO) available July 1, 2018. The FHO is part of the Peterborough Family Health Team. This part time practice of 650 patients (with opportunity for growth) operates in a collaborative environment with 24 other family physicians at other sites, who provide extended hours coverage for the whole team.
The Buckhorn site has 2 part-time family physicians who together provide Monday – Thursday clinic hours, and who cover each other’s patients for absences.
The FHO provide a nurse practitioner and registered nurse, each 3 days a week. The building is Township owned and supported resulting in very low overhead costs for the physicians.
Facility Details: A new clinic building in 2008 that houses 2 family physicians, a nurse practitioner, as well as visiting mental health clinician, registered dietitian, and phlebotomist
Practice Size: 650
Medical Record Details: TELUS Health Practice Solutions (PS Suite)
FHT Allied Health Professional Support:
- Registered Nurse (in house)
- Nurse Practitioner (in house)
- Mental Health Clinician (visiting)
- Registered Dietitian (visiting)
- Pharmacist (off site) provides full inr management for all patients on warfarin
- Clinic Manager (does all billing)
- EMR/IT Support (off site)
- Administrative support (off site)
- Rurality Index Ontario (RIO) score of 50; qualifies for MOHLTC Rurality Gradient Premium of $6000 per annum, and for Rural Locum program vacation/cme support
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an accredited institution;
• Certification from the College of Family Physician of Canada;
• Practical experience is an asset;
• Licence to practice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO);
• Membership with the Ontario Medical Association (OMA); and
• Membership in the Canadian Medical Protective Association.
If you require further information about this position; would like to know more about the incentives; or are interested in submitting your CV for this position, please contact:
Executive Director, Peterborough Family Health Team
Phone: (705)749-1564 ext. 317