NP covering a Physician LOA
June 22nd, 2018
In this position you will be covering a physician maternity leave for 6 months October 2018-March 2019 and work directly for the physician.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will practice within his/her full scope of practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Including, but not limited to:
- Complete health assessments including health history and physical examinations
- Provide wellness care and health screening
- Diagnose and treat minor illnesses and injuries
- Screen for and treat chronic illness and monitor stable chronic illnesses
- Care of episodic illness
- Determine the need for, and order and interpret reports of X-Rays, ECG’s and diagnostic ultrasound.
- Monitor the ongoing therapy of clients with chronic stable illnesses by providing pharmacological and counseling interventions.
- Determine the need for, and the implementation of health promotion and prevention strategies for families and individuals.
- Use nursing strategies based on evidence based information.
- Formulate and communicate medical diagnosis or disorder.
- Consult with a physician in accordance with the standards for physician consultation.
- Prescribe drugs
- Gathering and documenting statistical information as required
Education and Experience:
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class
- Successful completion of the Nurse Practitioner education program
- Minimum 2 years in community health nursing in a primary care and or rural setting
Skills and Abilities
◦Proficient in a current word processing program
◦Leadership, critical thinking, organizational and communication skills are required
◦Have expertise in developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with a broad range of individuals and partner organizations
◦Work in a collaborative practice model
◦Good physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position
◦Must possess a dependable, consistent and reliable work record including attendance at work
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by July 20, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.