FHT Primary Care Physician/Hospitalist – The best of both worlds…
September 26th, 2018
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) and Peterborough Family Health Team (PFHT) are joining forces to recruit Primary Care Physicians who will share a family practice and work as a part-time hospitalist.
Peterborough City and County are on the under-serviced list of communities and as such we are currently seeking Primary Care Physicians who are interested in joining one of our five Family Health Organizations (FHO) which are all part of a large community wide Family Health Team (FHT). We have a variety of business models and locations within our FHOs which offer everything from turn key practice sites, to completely independent.
Physicians working in a FHT environment benefit from:
- access to the expertise and knowledge of a wide range of inter-professional providers to support patients, leading to a more effective use of physician time and improved care for patients.
- ability to share an optimize overhead costs
- an avenue to participate in and contribute to system change and transformation
- ability to work as a team and to share responsibility for patient care
- access to IT and analytics to improve patient metrics and patient care
The PRHC Hospitalist Program is a dynamic and evolving service that cares for approximately 160 in-patients daily, in the areas of Acute Care, Rehab, Complex Continuing Care and Psychiatry. The Program benefits from a multi-disciplinary approach to care with excellent support from specialty services in the Hospital. Hospitalists carry a caseload of approximately 18 acute patients and follow these patients from admission to discharge. Hospitalists also rotate on-call shift coverage. Competitive compensation package available.
- Currently registered with or eligible for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Certification from the College of Family Physician of Canada
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with physicians, nurses, staff, volunteers, patients, hospital leadership, and the community as required
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Ability and willingness to encourage a spirit of co-operation amongst team members
- Eligible for staff privileges at PRHC
- Evidence of ongoing continued medical education
Peterborough Family Health Team is one of the first Family Health Teams in Ontario. We are deeply rooted into the City and County of Peterborough as your trusted source for family medicine. We provide a team-based approach to patient care through our responsive and caring staff.
In our model of care, we support the family doctors working within the Family Health Organizations (FHO). Patients receive care at the clinics that are part of one of our five (5) FHOs.
These are located throughout the county. Some of these clinics may also include partnering specialist and labs.
PRHC is a regional hospital delivering acute healthcare to a rapidly-growing population of more than 300,000 in Peterborough and the surrounding communities, including the First Nations of Curve Lake, Alderville and Hiawatha.
With an annual operating budget of $300 million, PRHC has more than 430 inpatient beds and offers a wide range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care, vascular surgery & mental health addictions.
The Health Centre is located in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada – a 90-minute drive north-east of Toronto – and has a proud local history extending back over a century. We are the region’s largest employer with more than 2,400 staff, 400 physicians with privileges and 600 volunteers.
As a member of the PRHC team, you will be part of an exceptional working environment – a forum to share knowledge, to learn,
to develop talents, relationships and careers, and a culture that recognizes and rewards the achievements of its people.
Work. Play. Live.
In Peterborough, you’ll be as close to the great outdoors as you are to work, schools and other amenities. Here, we boast all the conveniences and comforts that an exceptional quality of life demands. Here, you can have it all.
Peterborough is a unique community unto itself, an established entity with a rich heritage, a thriving culture, and a bright future. Home to Trent University and Fleming College as well as a burgeoning business sector, the opportunities here abound.
Peterborough offers a unique blend of outdoor pursuits and urban amenities right at your doorstep. Our arts and culture community is renowned for its exceptional events, exhibitions and performances, and the city offers a wide array of multicultural cuisine, local cafés, and unique shops.
Interested individuals should forward their curriculum vitae or inquiries to:
Lori Richey, Executive Director, PFHT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Tataryn, Medical Affairs, PRHC: email@example.com
Posted in New Physician Opportunities