Clinical Manager – Full Time, Permanent
April 1st, 2019
An excellent opportunity to join a progressive organization, perfectly poised to make a difference in the care that is delivered within our community.
Peterborough Family Health Team (PFHT) provides administrative support and allied health professional services to five (5) Family Health Organizations (FHOs), who work collaboratively to provide comprehensive primary care to approximately 115,000 patients. Collectively, the team includes over 90 physicians, 12 medical residents and more than 100 allied health professionals such as medical secretaries, mental health clinicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, registered dietitians, registered nurses, and support staff.
We are looking for a Clinical Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Allied Health Programs & Services, the Clinical Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily clinical operations of Allied Health Professionals (AHP’s). Specifically, the CM provides leadership, direction and mentorship through efficient utilization of human and material resources in the design, delivery, implementation and evaluation of PFHT clinical programs and services. The CM will work with all members of the organization to ensure services and programs are consistent with PFHT’s mission, vision, values and strategic direction.
Some responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and supports a work environment that exemplifies interprofessional and ethical practice; professional autonomous decision making; integrative thinking; appreciative inquiry; change management; quality improvement; risk management; and supports professional development and continuing education opportunities
- Responsible for all allied health clinical employees and their support staff.
- Works collaboratively with all members of FHT/FHO administration, AHP’s, and physicians to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Follows best practice, leads and manages the clinical staff in the development, delivery and evaluation of programs and services;
- Monitors and updates the Director of Allied Health Programs & Services on all aspects of daily operations as needed and in a timely fashion;
- Ensures organizational compliance with relevant professional practice standards (i.e. Regulatory Colleges, legislation (i.e. PHIPA, ESA, OHSA), and organizational policies and procedures;
- In collaboration with the administration team, supports completion of internal and ministry-related reports;
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Manager effectively manages human resource issues (i.e. hiring, performance management, vacation requests, continuing education requests);
- In collaboration with the Finance Manager monitors and adheres to established program budgets.
- Liaises and collaborates with internal and external professionals and stakeholders to ensure services are aligned and integrated across and within the populations served;
- Liaises between the PFHT and Family Health Organizations (FHO) , making rounds to clinical sites to assess staffing, process, workload, educational needs, and communicating PFHT’s business and initiatives broadly
- Ensure outcome measurements for programs and services in collaboration with AHPs and QIDSS.
- Recognizes opportunities for continuous quality improvement by identifying issues, evaluating programs and services, re-designing processes, and implementing changes;
- Works collaboratively with the team to prepare and implement PFHT’s QI plan;
- Ensure Program and Services documentation (PSP’s) (i.e., objectives, service delivery model, care pathway, targets and outcome metrics etc.) is present for each program.
- Lead AHP meetings to foster communication and receive input to ensure a collaborative approach is maintained
- Maintains current knowledge of Primary Health Care priorities and programs in the Province of Ontario and ensures that all programs and services are aligned with these priorities.
- Supports the accomplishment of the PFHT strategic and operational plans that achieve high impact and significant improvements in organizational performance and system integration.
- Provides clinical guidance and expertise to PFHT to ensure programs and services meet the needs of residents of our community.
- Collaborates with AHP’s to identify potential professional development activities to ensure learning needs are supported and are working to their full scope of practice.
- Participates in committees as needed;
- Baccalaureate Degree or Masters level preparation in Health care
- Experience of at least 3 years in middle level management in a clinical environment preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills with strong analytical and decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong orientation to staff development;
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs);
- Committed to personal ongoing professional development;
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard;
- Valid driver’s license, vulnerable sector police check, proof of liability insurance, and own vehicle required
- Performs under minimal supervision with accountability for specific goals/objectives.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders;
- Comfortable with conflict management and resolution;
- Ability to engage and relate to others (high EQ);
This is a full time permanent position with a pay maximum of $84,143 per year. We offer a robust employee benefit package, including, HOOPP Pension Plan, Health and Dental Benefits, as well as a very generous time banks (e.g. vacation, sick, personal needs and training time).
Interested applicants please send your resume as well as a one page letter outlining understanding of PFHT priorities, how you can contribute to its success and why you are interested in this role to: email@example.com by April 19, 2019.
Peterborough Family Health Team is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Peterborough Family Health Team offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of a document/publication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.