Full- Time Registered Nurse (Maternity Leave)
November 5th, 2019
Full-Time Registered Nurse (Maternity Leave)
You will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team who works co-operatively within an established family practice and with all members of the health care team in the promotion of patient health and prevention of disease. The Registered Nurse (RN) will practice within his/her full scope of practice as outlined in the Standards of Practice by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Position: This position is full-time (5 full days per week). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to accommodate After Hour Clinics.
- Triage incoming patient calls. Assess patient health care needs, discuss test results and respond to questions pertaining to health promotion and disease prevention. Redirect calls to booking when necessary.
- For patient appointments, initiate the EMR record of the patient visit, purpose, history and health care needs. Record patient vitals and prepare patient and room for examination.
- Implement physician orders ensuring that patients undertake requisite diagnostic testing. Book appointments for patients and educate them as for the purpose of and preparation for such tests. Maintain the EMR Preventative Care system to recall patients for health promotion, disease prevention follow-up.
- Maintain EMR Health Maintenance Plans to ensure patient compliance to timelines for health promotion, disease prevention programs such as pap smears, mammograms, FIT testing, bone density and diabetes care.
- Administer and record immunizations and allergy injections. Ensure immunizations are current and educate patients as to the need for and possible side affects of such injections.
- Administer clinical procedures such as suture removal, skin and wound dressings, TB testing, wart treatment and ear syringing.
- Perform blood pressure follow-ups, assessing response to medications, educating patients and promoting health through blood pressure management..
- Complete forms as required.
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential EMR documentation pertaining to patient history and encounter data
- Educate and monitor patients with other chronic diseases. Example: Diabetes
- Call in physician ordered prescription renewals and maintain prescription records on the EMR.
- Ensure adequate stock and appropriate storage of immunizations duties).
- Maintain clean, orderly and well-stocked examination rooms.
- Handle all specimens as infectious. Dispose of sharp objects and specimens appropriately.
- Sterilize office medical equipment.
Hours of Work:
Hours of service are pre-established per service contract. Details of how the hours will be worked are to be established and mutually agreed upon with the physician(s). Any variation from the established schedule shall not negatively impact upon the provision of service to the patient population.
- Completion of Registered Nursing Program with two to three years of clinical experience.
- Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Honed patient assessment and triage skills
- Knowledge of and working experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as a member of the Peterborough Community Family Health Organization
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by November 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes.