Medical Receptionist – Full Time
November 5th, 2019
Medical Receptionist Position – Full-Time
An established full-time physician in a family practice office seeking a full-time, experienced medical secretary. The medical secretary will be responsible for numerous administrative tasks in the front of the office including many patient-facing responsibilities. The position is 4.5 Days per week and involves a fair amount of multi-tasking, and requires a high level of professionalism. Consequently, we are looking for a professional with excellent communication skills who can work effectively in a busy team-based environment.
Medical Receptionist responsibilities
- Greet patients upon arrival, sign them in and gather any other necessary data
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on Physician availability
- Maintain patient records and management of incoming/outgoing documents
- Frequent review of messages and prompt response
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments
- Assist patient in scheduling testing for off-site services or specialist consults
- Process payments from patients for uninsured visits
- OHIP billing and reconciliation monthly
- Bring patients into clinic rooms and basic set up as required.
- Ability/flexibility to work some evenings for After Hour Clinics.Medical Receptionist skills
- Minimum of Two (2) years experience in Family Practice Medicine
- Graduate of a Medical Administration Program
- Professional, articulate with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail with meticulous record keeping skills
- Ability to multitask essential
- Excellent computer skills with experience in medical software, preferably Practice Solutions
- Thorough understanding of medical terminology
- Thorough understanding of OHIP billing
- Ability to triage
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of preventative care billing structure within the Family Health Team model is an asset.
- Understanding of our community resources an asset
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by November 11th, to email@example.com.
We are actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes.