Physician Recruiter – Part Time, one year contract
December 20th, 2019
It starts with you. That’s a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. This position is responsible to identity. contact and attract Family Physicians to Peterborough and County. This is a part time, one year contract position, with the possibility for permanent status.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Physician Recruiter’s focus is to identify, contact and attract Family Physicians to Peterborough and County to provide family health care services.
- Develops recruitment campaigns for physicians and places follow-up calls to proactively source candidates, within and outside our area of operations.
- Works with Residency programs to determine best practices to develop appropriate recruiting programs to appeal to graduating students.
- Analyzes physician surveys to determine if our current physician’s plans are so a succession plan can be developed.
- Reviews trends to identify current physician issues, level of satisfaction and future plans in order to recruit physicians.
- Represents Peterborough and County and presents physician opportunities at industry events and career fairs.
- Works proactively with the Physician Recruitment Task Force, to identify and action priority needs across the City and County
- Networks with Canadian and International physician recruiters to identify potential candidates
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director The above responsibilities are not to be considered all – inclusive; may be assigned other related duties in the interest of efficient operations of the Peterborough Family Health Team
Hours of Work:
- Will vary
- From time to time evening and weekend work may be required
- 3-5 years physician recruiting experience preferred. CASPR Membership is a significant asset
- 2 year post-secondary diploma / degree considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, including negotiation skills.
- Must be able to establish rapport and effective working relationships with physicians.
- Understands and demonstrates customer service and works to build organizational credibility.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
Peterborough Family Health Team is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Peterborough Family Health Team offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of a document/publication, please contact email@example.com.
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, by January 10, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.