Mental Health Clinician – 0.9 FTE (33.75 hours/week)
February 16th, 2021
Family Health Teams (FHTs) use a patient-centered approach to primary health care that brings together doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, registered dietitians, pharmacists, mental health clinicians and other health care professionals and support staff to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for patients – when they need it, as close to home as possible. FHTs are a key component of Ontario’s health-care plan to reduce wait times, improve access to primary care, and keep Ontarians healthy.
We are seeking a mental health clinician for a 0.9 Full Time Equivalent (33.75 hours per week). This is a maternity leave contract with an anticipated end date of July 2022.
Working with patients in a health care setting, you will provide:
- psychotherapy and psychosocial interventions
- health education
- crisis intervention
- patients navigation and advocacy on behalf of patients
- 3+ years clinical experience in the community
- Bachelor of Social Work is an asset (Master of Social Work is preferred)
- OCSWSSW registration or M.ED/MA in Counselling Psychology
- CRPO registration
- Experience leading groups is an asset
- Addition training/experience also considered an asset:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Trauma Informed Approach
- Comfort level and experience working with issues across a broad spectrum
Other degrees will be considered; however, you must belong to a related professional college.
Interested candidates can email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by the application deadline.
- Application deadline: 2021-03-05
- Contract length: 14 months
- Part-time hours: 33.75 per week
- Application deadline: 2021-03-10
- Expected start date: 2021-05-03
- Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Salary: $71,233.00-$77,844.00 per year
Peterborough Family Health Team is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Peterborough Family Health Team offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes.
Posted in PFHT Employed Opportunities