- Craving Change™
- Diabetes Prevention Workshop
- Heart Health Workshop
- Congestive Heart Failure Workshop
- How to Register & Upcoming Workshops
Program led by: Registered Dietitians
Do you crave food when you’re stressed? Do you keep eating, even when you know you’ve had enough?
Craving Change™ uses a skill-based approach that can help you learn why you eat the way you do and what to do about it. This program explores the relationship you have with food and uncovers that there is more to food than just nutrients. You will learn how to identify eating triggers and learn strategies that can help make changes to your eating and food choices.
Please note: This is NOT a diet program – we will not be discussing what and how much to eat.
This program meets weekly for 1.5 hours, for a total of 5 weeks. Participants are expected to complete workbook activities between weekly sessions.
This program may be for you if:
- You are 18 years old or older
- You are interested in learning why you eat
- You want to learn strategies and skills to make changes to your eating
- You can commit to attending 5 weekly sessions
- You are motivated and committed
This program may NOT be for you if:
- You are looking for a weight loss program
- You are not motivated to make changes
- You have a cognitive challenge that would interrupt your ability to learn, remember and practice new material
Workshop led by: Registered Dietitians
This 2 hour workshop teaches you about lifestyle choices that can help reduce your risk of developing diabetes. Research shows that for some people, making changes to what they eat and their activity level can reduce their risk of developing diabetes by over 50% (US Diabetes Prevention Program, 2002.)
Topics include: meal balance, carbohydrates, sugar, fibre, label reading, and physical activity.
This workshop may be for you if:
- You have prediabetes or high blood sugars, or have been told you have “borderline” diabetes
- You are at increased risk of developing diabetes
- You are interested in learning about how you can reduce your diabetes risk
Workshop led by:Registered Dietitians
This 2 hour workshop teaches you about lifestyle choices that can help you manage your cholesterol and blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease. The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada states that 8 in 10 cases of premature heart disease and stroke are preventable through healthy lifestyle habits.
Topics include: fat, fibre, sodium, meal balance, label reading, and physical activity.
This workshop may be for you if:
- You have high cholesterol or high blood pressure
- You have heart disease
- You are at increased risk of heart disease
- You are interested in learning about how you can reduce your heart disease risk
Workshop led by: Registered Dietitians & Pharmacists
This 2 hour workshop teaches you about nutrition and medication management of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF). Family members or caregivers are encouraged to attend this workshop with the patient.
“Early diagnosis, lifestyle changes and appropriate drug treatments can help you lead a normal and active life, stay out of hospital and live longer.” (Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada.)
How to Register & Upcoming Workshops
If you are interested in one of the programs above please contact 705-740-8020 to register. You may also register online through the register page.
Do you want to attend but transportation is an issue? For help, please contact our program office.
Craving Change Program (5 weeks)
- Wednesday, October 30 at 4:30 – 6:00 pm – FULL
- Thursday, November 21 at 4:00 – 5:30 pm
Diabetes Prevention Workshop
- Wednesday, October 23 at 4:00 – 6:00 pm – FULL
- Thursday, November 14 at 9:30 – 11:30 am – FULL
- Tuesday, November 26 at 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Monday, December 9 at 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Heart Health Workshop
- Thursday, October 10 at 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Tuesday, November 19 at 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Thursday, December 12 at 9:30 – 11:30 am
Congestive Heart Failure Workshop
- Friday, November 15 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Friday, December 13 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm