This 2 hour workshop teaches you about lifestyle choices that can help reduce your risk of developing diabetes. Research shows that for some people, making changes to what they eat and their activity level can reduce their risk of developing diabetes by over 50% (US Diabetes Prevention Program, 2002.)
Topics include: meal balance, carbohydrates, sugar, fibre, label reading, and physical activity.
This workshop may be for you if:
- You have prediabetes or high blood sugars, or have been told you have “borderline” diabetes
- You are at increased risk of developing diabetes
- You are interested in learning about how you can reduce your diabetes risk
- You have recently developed diabetes
- Thursday, December 7, 2023 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm (In-person)
- Thursday, January 25, 2024 from 1:30 - 3:30 pm (Virtual)
- Thursday, February 22, 2024 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm (Virtual)
- Friday, March 22, 2024 from 9:30 - 11:30 am (In-person)
Watch the following clip to learn about our Nutrition program and workshops.