COVID-19: What you need to know
The Ministry of Health announced that services carried out by Health Care Providers can be gradually restarted effectively May 26th, 2020. We have been working diligently on enhancing safety protocols to protect the well-being of our patients, their families, our employees and our clinical partners.
Please note: in order to support physical distancing, we will continue to offer many of our services virtually. If an in-person appointment is required, we will arrange a safe way to do this.
When we are seeing patients in-person, we have implemented these safety guidelines:
- All employees will self-screen daily for symptoms of COVID-19.
- All practitioners will be following their respective Colleges directives regarding safety protocols.
- Each of our practitioners will be wearing a mask and sanitizing hands before and after every patient visit.
- At reception, we have installed protective glass.
- We have removed all reading material and refreshments from our waiting room and treatment rooms.
- Treatment tables are fully sanitized using medical grade disinfectant and table paper changed after every patient.
- All chairs and table tops in the waiting room, treatment rooms and clinical offices are wiped down regularly, including counters, phones, keyboards and door handles.
- We are not taking ANY walk in-patients at this time and are not allowing visitors to accompany any patients unless absolutely necessary.
- The Peterborough Family Health Team is committed to the safety of everyone who enters our offices and are ensuring proper distancing between all practitioners, patients and employees.
Upon arrival for your appointment:
- Please wear a mask.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment unless absolutely necessary.
- Please arrive for your appointment on time.
- Please call if you are unable to arrive at the designated time. We are trying to minimize the overlap of patients.
- Every patient entering the clinic will undergo COVID-19 screening and will be required to sanitize their hands.
Additional safety protocols will continue to be respected by our entire team and further adjustments will be made as needed to accommodate changes to best practices and to manage traffic flow and allow for physical distancing. While we continue learning these new systems, we request your patience and understanding to keep you and our team healthy and safe.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Peterborough Family Health Team
COVID-19 Specific Resources for your Health and Wellness
For a listing of additional health and wellness resources, click here
Please be assured that we are aligning our operations with the guidance of Peterborough Public Health in order to provide patients and employees with the most up-to-date and accurate information on COVID-19 and self-care.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit the Peterborough Public Health website