The City & County of Peterborough are on the high needs list!
The Peterborough County, situated only two hours away from the City of Toronto, is a blend of lively city and quaint countryside making it the perfect to both live and work. The Peterborough Family Health Team embodies five Family Health Organization (FHO). Physicians and patients of these FHOs receive integrated support from allied health professionals such as mental health clinicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, registered dietitians, registered nurses, and registered practical nurses.
Did you know…
- Peterborough is a Queen’s Residency site, offering physicians the opportunity to teach;
- The local hospital, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, bustles with a full complement of specialist to support primary care;
- The Partners in Pregnancy Clinic, supported by PFHT, offers expecting families a wholesome and supportive environment during this new transition in their life; and
- With the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR), we enhance efficiencies in community-based practices allowing us to focus on patient care.
Benefits of the Family Health Team model:
- Access to the expertise and knowledge of a wide range of inter-professional providers to support patients, leading to effective time use for the physician and improved care for patients.
- Ability to share and optimize overhead costs.
- An avenue to participate in and contribute to system change and transformation.
- Ability to work as a team and to share responsibility for patient care.
- Access to IT and analytical data to improve practice metrics and patient care.