Norwood – Full-Time/Part-Time – Greater Peterborough FHO
April 2nd, 2020
Norwood Clinic: Full-time & Part-time Locum
The Township of Asphodel-Norwood is the perfect blend of rural, village, and cottage living. Nestled in the southern east part Peterborough County, this historic village is home to over 4,000 people and continues to grow. This is a great opportunity for family physicians looking to locum in rural medicine, and eventually join this unique, intimate community.
The primary care clinic, located in Norwood is seeking a locum family physician for intermittent periods throughout the year. The clinic provides full administrative support and is part of the Greater Peterborough Family Health Organization. In addition, the clinic benefits from the Peterborough Family Health Team resources, which include support from a mental health clinician, registered dietitian, and pharmacist.
The current primary care physician at this clinic requires vacation day coverage and eventually is looking to reduce their workload eventually by half.
Details for Position
Hours per week:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Practice Type & Compensation:
- Family Health Organization
- Capitation model with incentives
- None; however, can be arranged for extra remuneration
- No obstetrics
- Open to accepting new grads
- EMR – Telus Practice Solutions (training can be scheduled in advance of placement)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an accredited institution
- CCFP Certification or equivalent practical experience is an asset.
- General license to practice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Membership in the Ontario Medical Association.
- Membership in the Canadian Medical Protective Association.
- New Graduate Family Physicians and General Practitioners are welcome to apply
Please contact Renee MacKenzie at 705-749-1564 ext. 316 or by emailing email@example.com for more information.
About the Peterborough Family Health Team
With more than 115,000 patients in its care, the Peterborough Family Health Team (FHT) is well positioned to continue to make a significant difference in the health of its community. The organization was a leader in the formation of the family health team model – the answer to a crisis in primary care ten years ago, when one in five residents in the City and County of Peterborough didn’t have access to a family doctor.
Since then, the FHT has ensured that an additional 20,000 Peterborough patients now have family doctors and access to team-based primary care. And today, as the only city and region of its size in the province in which virtually all family doctors are part of the FHT, the organization is poised to be a primary care leader in the next stage of health system transformation.
Posted in Locum Opportunities