The Peterborough Newcomer Health Clinic is a transitional clinic for immigrants and refugees in Peterborough city or county. The clinic provides short-term medical care for up to six months.
The clinic will provide the following services:
- Orientation to the Canadian Healthcare System
- Preventatives care education/provision
- Referrals to specialist services
- Prescriptions for up to six months
- Stabilization of chronic medical conditions
This clinic is a partnership between the New Canadians Centre, Peterborough Family Health Team, and the Greater Peterborough Health Services Foundation. The clinic is led by local family physician, Dr. Sundareswaran.