Do you have trouble falling or staying asleep?
This workshop introduces strategies and explores how thoughts and behaviours interact to interrupt sleep. CBT-Insomnia is the treatment of choice for people who experience issues with insomnia or poor sleep. If after attending the workshop you would like to dive deeper, we offer a 6-week follow up program that provides more in-depth education and strategies.
This workshop is not about sleep hygiene, which is often taught when we have sleep challenges. This workshop introduces information and strategies, based on research, to treat insomnia.
This workshop may be for you if:
- You are 18 years old or older
- You have a hard time falling asleep, staying asleep, or experiencing sleep that is not restful
- You are interested in a medication-free solution to insomnia
- You can sit or stand in a room for 2 hours
This workshop may NOT be for you if:
- You experience medical or sleep conditions like sleep apnea; this program will not be addressing these conditions
- You have a cognitive challenge that would interrupt your ability to learn, remember and practice new material
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm (Virtual)
- Monday, January 15, 2024 from 9:30 - 11:30 am (In-person)
- Friday, March 1, 2024 from 9:30 - 11:30 am (Virtual)
- Monday, March 25, 2024 from 1:30 - 3:30 pm (Virtual)
Seeking more education?
Have you attended the workshop but are looking for a more in-depth sleep program?
The Understanding Sleep and Insomnia six-week program meets weekly for 1.5 hours. Participants will develop an individualized plan and are expected to follow through on their sleep plan. There are additional strategies that must be practiced on a daily basis. Click the button below for details and registration.
Watch the following clip to learn about the Introduction to Sleep and Insomnia program.