Stress can be a challenging presence in our lives. Stressful experiences negatively impact our relationships, our work and our own health and well-being.
Mindfulness is the ability to be fully aware and present in your life in such a way that you become less reactive and overwhelmed by what is going on around you. Mindfulness can help you tap into an inner stillness that you naturally possess. This in turn allows you to be open and curious about what is showing up in your life and to skillfully respond to stress in a kinder way, to yourself and others.
Are you wanting to explore Mindfulness but aren’t sure where to begin? This program can be a good starting point. We will also introduce you to some of the tools we use in our 10-week Mindfulness programs.
The program runs for 4 weeks, 90 minutes to 2 hours each week.
This program may be for you if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You can sit or stand for 2 hours
- You are motivated and committed; this program requires practicing new skills every day
- You can handle emotional situations
This program may NOT be for you if:
- You are experiencing a life crisis or require urgent mental health service
- You have a cognitive challenge that would interrupt your ability to learn, remember and practice new material
- You have difficulty containing and managing your emotions
Upcoming Program Dates:
- Tuesdays, January 9, 2024 - January 30, 2024 from 1:30 - 3:30 pm (In-person)
- Wednesdays, March 6, 2024 - March 27, 2024 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm (In-person)
PFHTs Mindfulness Programs
The following video provides you with information on our Mindfulness programs (please note, the names of our programs have changed but the essence remains).